These felt Christmas angels are inexpensive and easy to make and they're bound to add a little magic to your Christmas tree.
Read on for a free pattern and full instructions...
1. First download and print out free angel pattern. (Click here to open)
2.Cut out four "arms" in peach coloured felt.
3. Sew the first two "arms" together using blanket stitch, followed by the second two arms. Use the same process to make the legs.
4. Cut two "bodies" out of peach-coloured felt.
5. Make the "face" on the one body piece. We used little black beads for the eyes and stitched a little mouth with black embroidery thread. You can make rosey cheeks by rubbing a little lipstick on the felt with an cotton earbud.
6. Sew the arms and legs onto the back of the "front" body piece.
7. Sew a loop of ribbon onto the back of the "back" body piece.
8. Sew the two body pieces together using blanket stitch -- leave a small opening for the stuffing.
9. Stuff the head and body with toy stuffing and sew the opening closed.
10. Next you need to cut two dress pieces out of white felt.
11. Decoate the "front" dress piece. We used this lovely metallic silver ric-rac which we found at a local craft store. You could use beads, buttons or even embroidery to decorate it.
12. Cut out two "wing" pieces. For the one angel we used yellow felt and for the other we used white felt which we later painted with metallic paint.
13. Stitch the two "wings" together using blanket stitch.
14. Sew the wings onto the back of the "back" dress piece.
15. Sew together the two dress pieces. Be sure to leave the arms and neck of the dress open.
16. Add some hair to your angel and put her dress on. In the angel pictured below we used a piece of gold pot scourer. For the other angels we used pieces of inexpensive hair extension/ weave (the type people plait into their hair). You could also use wool or thread. We attached the hair with a hot-melt glue gun.
You can have lots of fun adding character and personality to each angel.